Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fancy Football Shirts

We went to the SuperBowl events a few weeks ago and I realized that the kids had outgrown their Colts gear. I went to the store to remedy that and there were only boy shirts left. They were a good deal though and when Hannah protested buying a "boy" shirt, I told her I'd make it more girly. I bought some spray-on sparkles and pink puffy paint today at the store, so here we go!

The shirts before, washed and ready to be painted on:



Hailey shirt, before:





I started by making an outline:



It didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped so I just went ahead and filled it in:




The spray-on glitter was pretty neat:






Hailey's "girly" Colts shirt, completed:






Hannah's shirt, before:




Adding pink paint:





For this, I put paper around it on 4 edges to make a box shape and then sprayed on the sparkles:




Same with this one, and I just sprayed it on my finger and smeared it along the partial horseshoe above:




Hannah's "girly" shirt, completed:




Two "boy" shirts, transformed:




The girls love their new shirts and they are ready to cheer on the Colts next season!

No comments: