Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day Of Pre-K

Hannah's first day of pre-K was today. I was anticipating the worst since she spent all morning upset that she wasn't going to have her same teacher or same class as last year, but she did great. We got there early so we could do the sign in and the picture that they keep on file. We met one new friend in her class in line but Hannah wasn't too chatty and I eventually stopped trying to make her talk to the little boy and focused on talking about how much fun she would have. She seemed more at ease once we got in to the actual hallway and she recognized the classroom she would be in. It also helps that the teacher's aide (who she also adored) will be in that class. She became a little shy when I started to leave but I went back in and took her over to the toys and she was fine. No tears, no problems. Well Mommy was a little choked up but otherwise we were good.

Here is the classic first day picture:

Since it was a little blurry and she wasn't giving her normal big cute smile, here's more:

On a similar note, Hailey is currently happily playing with all the toys that Hannah doesn't usually want her to play with.

1 comment:

amypfan said...

Glad it went okay! And that Hailey has a new stash of toys to amuse her, lol. :)