Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Poem For Hannah

It took me a little bit to get down everything I was thinking that first day. Forgive me, for I am not a poet:

First Day Of Kindergarten

Five years have passed
First day of school
She'll be fine, I know
My little girl
Grew up so fast
Is it really time to go?


Just yesterday
She was all mine
My joy, my sweet, my little love
I sang for her
And kissed her cheeks
I whispered thanks to God above


Then on to walking
First words said
I watched her grow and learn
Letters, numbers,
Games and toys
Getting taller, taking turns.


Now we're here
It's hard for me
She's not a baby anymore
I take her hand
She smiles at me
I close my eyes, walk in the door.



Here's her class
Her teacher waves
I am determined not to cry
But when I see
My "baby" girl
I still think of lullabyes

2 comments:

Lauren said...

OMG thanks for making me cry!!!! Aww.

Mom said...

Andrea that is so beautiful!!! And yes you made me cry too! Hannah and Hailey are so lucky to have a Mom like you!