Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our Last Weekend As A Family Of 3

I decided this weekend to stop focusing on the normal end-of-pregnancy miseries and instead focus on Hannah's last weekend as our "only" child. We decided we would do all her favorite things so Saturday morning, we got up and went to breakfast at McDonald's. Actually by breakfast I mean that Rob wanted breakfast and Hannah wanted lunch (and I didn't care) so we went right at 11am so we could order Rob's breakfast followed by Hannah's lunch. Mommy opted for breakfast this time. We let Hannah play in the play area for more than an hour and even got her an ice cream cone on the way out since she was a good girl and ate all her apples and most of her cheeseburger. Then we came back, rested for a bit, and headed off to the park. It was a beautiful afternoon and again, we spent at least an hour pushing Hannah on the swing, watching her slide, and playing on the teeter totter. We came home and let her watch too many princess movies, told her the Cinderella and Snow White story more times than I'd like to remember, and I even gave her some extra warm milk and let her snuggle in our bed in the middle of the night when she came in. I would love to snuggle with my little girl every night but I do believe it's important for her to sleep in her own bed so I usually take her back to her room if it's before 7am. She does snuggle with me in the morning but for some reason, snuggling in the middle of the night is a huge special treat for her.

Today we went to church, which we do every Sunday but I figure it counts because she loves seeing her friends at church (and she loves the donuts they serve). We let her have probably one too many donut holes and then headed home where we quickly ate lunch and changed so we could take her to her ultimate favorite - the bounce place. We spent 2.5 hours there and Rob will definitely be sleeping well tonight because he went on all the equipment with her. Mommy helped Hannah win lots of tickets so she could get a ring, a cardboard glider, and a piece of candy. We came home and took a nap and had one of Hannah's favorite meals: salad, pizza, and ice cream with sprinkles of course. We are now on pause from watching more princess movies as Hannah and Daddy are "dancing at the ball" right now but I'm sure we'll be watching another one or two followed by a really long bubble bath and painting our nails with Mommy to complete a weekend of all of Hannah's favorite things.

I think it was a great weekend for everyone. Hannah had our undivided attention and got to do all her favorite things, Mommy got to focus on something besides when this baby is coming out, and Daddy got an excuse to stop doing the million and one things he usually does on the weekend and just enjoy spending time with our family. Now that we are all refreshed, I feel like we can focus on being excited about our family of 3 becoming a family of 4 very soon!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

How beautiful! That's a huge perk to knowing it's coming, being able to party about the readiness. I'm sure Hannah had a great weekend being pampered. Pamper yourself a bit too, it's going to be a crazy week. Still praying for you....

Suellen said...

What an awesome weekend. Good luck with becoming a mommy for the second time! :) We are thinking of you. (Oh and Hannah and I like our ice cream the same way - with sprinkles!!!!!)

Kathy said...

That's so nice!!