Monday, April 13, 2009

Hailey's First Doctor Visit And Random Pictures From Week 1

Hailey will be one week old tomorrow and today, she had her first check-up. She was 8lbs 6oz when she was discharged from the hospital on Thursday and today she came in at a whooping 9lbs even. The doctor was both shocked and impressed that she managed to gain 10oz in 4 days and as a result, we don't have to do the typical 2 week check-up since she is already past her birth weight. Other than that, the doctor just looked her over, said she was beautiful, and sent us on our merry way. We go back in about 3 weeks for Hailey's 1 month check-up and Hannah's 3 year check-up.

On another note, Hailey is doing great. Nursing great, sleeping 2-4 hour stretches, going right back to sleep at night. She is awake for an hour or two a day and during that time, she just looks around contently and makes faces at you. It's adorable and it's hard to believe that just one week ago, we hadn't met her yet.

Speaking of one week ago, here the final picture of me, last Monday night before the induction. I don't think I necessarily looked like I was carrying a 9lb baby (maybe I did) but I sure felt like it! LOL

Anyways, here is my new favorite picture of Hailey:



Here is my favorite picture of Hannah and Hailey:

Here is our Easter egg hunt at home:

And here is Hailey's first bath at home:

We have had a busy week!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

so cute! that's wonderful!

Cathy said...

Happy One Week Birthday Hailey!

Amanda's said...

The Big 3yo! Is big sis adjusting well? Stephen is still working on it and it's been 3 months now.
Sooo adorable!