Exactly one month from today is my due date. Where did the time go? I feel like we are mostly ready. The bassinet and carseat have been located and wiped down, my hospital bag has been packed, the nursery has been cleaned up, and Hannah has been moved into her new big girl room. Hannah even had her "big sibling" class today and learned all about what it will be like to have a little brother or sister. I feel like I am prepared mentally, and if this is a girl, we have every single thing we need but the crib (Hannah's was recalled - we have the voucher but were waiting until baby arrives to purchase the crib), mattress (Hannah is still using hers in her toddler bed), and lamp (Hannah's went into her room). If it's a boy, we still don't need much - just some sheets and decorations for the room and some clothes. We still haven't decided on a name, but some day soon I'm just going to lock Rob in a room and tell him he can't leave until we've decided.
For those I haven't spoken to recently, I have an ultrasound scheduled 2 weeks from Friday to check baby's size - some of you may remember that Rob was 11lbs at birth and Hannah was no little baby either. The doc may recommend an early induction at that time (which I am fine with if that avoids a baby that gets stuck and winding up in a c-section), and he has stated that if he does, that date will be March 24th, which is 3 weeks from today. If not, doc has also reminded me that he does not recommend his patients to go past 41 weeks. So, if everything looks good at the ultrasound, baby has until April 7th to make his/her appearance. I really am hoping that baby's size looks fine and he/she comes before April 7th, but at least the doctor has agreed to try just breaking my water and giving it a few hours if we do end in an induction. Pitocin is not my friend so I was very excited to hear this. I am actually hoping the baby comes right at 37 weeks but I'm sure that's too much to ask for. I go off my meds to stop the contractions this Friday at 36 weeks but that didn't make any difference in the end with Hannah so I've made my peace with the idea that the same thing may (and probably will) happen this time too.
Anyways, all that rambling to say that 5 weeks from today, I will for sure be holding our new little girl or little boy!
4 comments:
So exciting! As you may remember, I was pretty disappointed to be induced with Shay, as I really wanted to go into labor naturally with her after being induced with Bryn. But let me just tell you, induction the second time around was a whole different ballgame! Shay was born less than four hours after I checked into the hospital, a far cry from the nearly 24 hours hooked up to medication like I had with Bryn. So hang in there!
Yay! I've been wondering about how you've been doing.... good to hear you've got things planned either way. I just can't picture waiting until the last minute to find out what the sex is (I wanted to have lots of blue or pink ready), but it will surely make for an amazing surprise!
I'm glad to hear you'll be going off your meds soon. It will be a wonderful birth story however it plays out. We're so excited for you and praying for healthiness all around!
Amy - Thanks! :) My experience was Hannah was actually pretty perfect, I would just really like to see what it feels like to go into labor on my own.
Carrie - I never would have survived not knowing with my first but we have enough gender neutral stuff to last a few weeks and so if this is a boy, we'll have a little time to shop. If it's a girl, she will be so close to Hannah's birthday that she should be set!
Cathy - Thanks! I hope yours goes well too! :)
Post a Comment