Well the contractions finally got the best of me yesterday. I had a late breakfast around 11am, took a nap with DD at noon, had lunch around 2pm and was watching Cinderella with DD for the millionth time when I started to notice my contractions. I don't usually pay too much attention to them because I've been having them on and off since 16 weeks but they seemed like they were kind of close together. So I laid down, drank some water, and started timing them. Six in 45 minutes, that seems no good. So I called the OB and they had me come in to be monitored. Three more in the 20 minutes they were monitoring me and I was on my way to triage at the hospital. Six hours later - after two shots of terbutaline, one pill of terbutaline, two tylonel (I had a low grade fever), and two IV bags - and they finally let me go with the instructions for bedrest and terbutaline pills every 4 hours until I see my doctor again. On the bright side, the baby is obviously doing well as he/she spent a good part of the time I was there kicking the monitors. Oh and I also get to postpone my 3 hour test until Monday so that was good news to me. ;)
Just waiting on a call back from my OB for further instructions. Please send prayers for a safe (and uneventful) rest of this pregnancy!
6 comments:
Oh, wow...I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Does this mean you are on bedrest? How are you managing with Hannah? Do you need anything? I'll pray for you! Stretching is just fine, as long as that's all it is, just making him/herself more comfortable. Tell that baby don't go anywhere.
Aww that is scary! I am glad it all ended well. I am sure that baby can hold on for a little while longer... you're getting so close!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon and that nothing else "eventful" happens!!!!!
Lots of prayers to you!!
Good to actually get to talk to you today! Hang in there....
Tell the baby I said to not go near the light!
Hope the contractions calm down soon. Let me know if you need to vent/cry/ etc., I'm normally around on email throughout the day.
Post a Comment