I took my 3 hour test yesterday and although I barely passed, that's still passing, so yay! They said by the 3rd draw, my blood sugar was too low, meaning that I start showing hypo-glycemia if I don't eat for 2-3 hours so I need to make sure I'm eating often. That's the best advice I've gotten from a doc recently - now if I'm craving something and Rob doesn't want to go get it, I can tell him "doc's orders, I have to eat!" ;)
As for the "further instructions" on my contractions: I went to the doc last Thursday and they did some testing and found out that I was beginning to efface, although I think it's very slight at this point. So, partial bedrest (I say "partial" because he didn't tell me I couldn't get up, he just said to go home, lay down, and get up as little as possible for the next few weeks) and medicine every 4 hours to keep the contractions at bay. Since this is what happened with Hannah and I still ended up being induced with her, he did agree - after my slight pushing - that we would re-evaluate the bedrest and medicine at each appointment but said he didn't want to mess with this type of stuff at 28-29 weeks. I agree and am glad he is looking out for baby, I just would like to avoid what happened last time where I ended up just stalling out.
So, there is my good news. No diabetes and we've got a plan to keep baby where he/she is for at least another 7-8 weeks but hopefully allow enough time for him/her to come on her own without an induction.
5 comments:
Yay!!! Good news... what woman doesnt want her doctor telling her to eat more, lucky!!! :-) Hope everything works out in the coming weeks and stay off your feet!
Good news! But I guess this means no more game nights or lunch dates?
Sounds like good news to me! I wish someone would give me the green light to eat all that I want. :)
That's great news, I'm glad your GD test results were negative!
I have problems with low blood sugar too - eating a little bit often helps! Also eating non-processed foods and avoiding "bad" sugar! doh!
We've been praying that the little baby stays inside (but not too long!) :)
Lauren - Thanks! :)
Cathy - Probably no more game night/lunch dates for right now but maybe we can start up again in 4-6 weeks.
Amy - I know, I was like "score!" LOL
Kathy - Oh I don't like the sound of avoiding processed food and sugar. ;) Hope baby Andrew is doing well!
Post a Comment