I have been saving these up - here are some funny things the girls have said over the last year:
Hannah: Mommy, I bet you were bored before I was born.
Hailey: Mommy, you 10. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
Me: No sweetie, Mommy is 32.
Hailey: I no count to 32. You 10!
Hannah (point at coos-coos on her dinner plate): I don't like duck-duck-goose.
Hailey (seeing snow): White rain!!!
Hannah: Hailey, let's put our heads together to solve the problem!
Hailey walks over and they lean their heads against each other for about 10 seconds.
Hannah: Okay, I got it! Thanks Hailey!
Hannah: Mommy, are you going to have a baby shower?
Hailey (before I could answer): No! Mommy only takes grown-up showers!
Hannah is playing "school" with Hailey.
Hannah: What is the life cycle?
Hailey: You put paper in it! (I think she meant "recycle")
Hannah: When was Jesus born?
Hailey (after much contemplation): Saturday.
Hailey (noticing the dandelions had gone to seed): Look Mommy, the sunflowers turned into wishes!
Hannah: It is important to be nice to everyone, right Mommy?
Me: Right.
Hannah: Even kids that aren't nice to you.
Me: Right.
Hannah: Even girls that don't always do the right thing.
Me: Right.
Hannah: Even boys that kiss you on the bus.
Me: Ri...wait, what?!?
Hailey: There are no more dinosaurs.
Me: True.
Hailey: Cause of space.
Me: Yes, I guess that could be the reason.
Hailey: Them build rocket ships. It did not go well.
Rob: Hailey, you need to take 5 more bites.
Hailey: No, 3!
Rob: No, you need to take 5 more.
Hailey: No, 6!
Rob: Okay, 6.
(And yes, she took 6 bites without complaint)
Hailey: I love baby brother just as much as I love your big phone (Kindle)!
Hannah: I want to be an author or teacher when I grow up.
Hailey: I want to be a mailman!
Hannah: Do you even know what a mailman does?
Hailey: No. What?
Hannah: I like Shutterfly (My Little Pony) the best because she is reasonable and responsible and a good friend and loves all the animals of the forest.
Hailey: I like Pinkie Pie the best because she has all the parties.
The girls asked for a coin to throw in the water fountain.
Me: Take this coin and make a wish but don't say your wish out loud or it won't come true.
Hailey (pouting): My wish never comes true anyway. I always wish for diamonds.
Hannah: I can't wait to get married and have kids some day. But I am not going to kiss my husband because kissing boys is gross.
Hannah: Do you know what germs are?
Hailey: No.
Hannah: I'll draw them for you.
Hailey: Them look like ladybugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment