Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Twenty Days Of School
Hannah has had 20 days of school now and the reason I know this is that she came running off the bus yesterday, eager to show me her prize from the Best Behavior Box. Once a child earns 20 green or blue notes, s/he gets to pick a gift from the Best Behavior Box. As I suspected, the Best Behavior Box has small things like McDonald's toys in it. Hannah picked a My Little Pony (still in it's McDonald packaging, ha!) that had a star for it to stand on, which broke apart into two combs. You've never seen a kid so excited by a little toy. She even told me that today she earned a blue note, which she got for pointing to each word while reading it, as her teacher told her to do. She announced "today must be my lucky day!" and I laughed and told her that although I think it was obviously a lucky day, she also works hard at school to listen and always do the right thing. As she often says to me, it's not always easy to be good. It wasn't luck; hard work earned her that toy, and I'm proud of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment