Hailey has discovered a love for puzzles. She got most of the pieces in the correct spot on the first try, which I thought was pretty impressive since we've never done puzzles in front of her (Hannah and I do puzzles occasionally but after Hailey is in bed because she has a tendency to Godzilla them, which Hannah does not appreciate). Hailey was also having fun saying the noises animals make - too cute!
Hannah has been sounding out words for over a year now. In fact, it may be almost a year and a half since she first learned the sounds that all the letters make. We have spent the time since then encouraging, but not pushing, reading. At first, Hannah would look at us like we were crazy. We would help her sound out the word and then say the word and it just wasn't clicking. Well it has now clicked and she is off and reading! Some of the words are sight words but I am posting the video where she sounds out a few of the words.
So proud of our little girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment