Her first day of school was August 14, 2009. I tried to make sure she had some of her favorite foods. Here is my attempt to be creative by using colored cupcake papers - a way to include cheese cubes, olives, green beans (yes she eats them cold, even at home), and strawberries:
And a jelly sandwhich, divided by wax paper:
All in princess tupperware, of course:
Packed in her lunchbox with a water bottle and a note from Mommy and Daddy wishing her a happy first day of preschool:
Here's her new lunchbag and backpack that she picked out (surprisingly, not princess):
And here is the preschooler herself, all ready for her first day:
She had so much fun! There were no tears as we left and she came home telling us all about how she got to sing a "Hello" song, a "Goodbye" song, and a "Clean-up" song. She said she made new friends, loved eating her lunch like a picnic, got a sticker, and made us a picture with dots (which is now on the fridge). I have always loved learning and I'm so excited for her to start this journey, even if it makes me a little sad to realize how fast she is growing. We're so proud of our little girl!
3 comments:
This is awesome! I'm so glad she had a great first day! It makes such a difference. You won't regret putting her in preschool. I know she's already pretty advanced for her age, but the socialization will make such a difference when she gets into later schooling. Believe me, her teachers will not only know that she was in preschool but be so thankful that you sent her and supplied them with a GREAT role model! Can't wait to hear more preschool stories!
What a big girl! And you are an awesome mommy to have so many good things ready for her to go. Does she eat at preschool every time? Bryn is home before lunch when she goes to school--which is good, since I am not organized enough to pack scrumptious lunches like you!!!
Krysten - I think you are right, we will definitely not regret sending her!
Amy - Thanks! :) Hannah does eat lunch there every day because preschool runs from 9am to 1pm. I was a little worried about packing a lunch for her but I packed a lunch for myself (and Rob) for a few years while working so it's just a matter of getting back into a habit. It also helps that she has likes a lot of things and that she eats everything cold. ;)
Post a Comment