Friday, May 23, 2008

2 Years In Review

As my little girl turns 2, it's amazing to think of all the ways she has grown and changed over the last 2 years.


Height/weight:

~At birth she was 8lbs 6oz and 21.5 inches

~At age 1, she was 21lbs 5oz and 31 inches

~At age 2, she is 29lbs 6oz and 37 inches


Physical features:

~At birth her hair was dark brown and had a red tint to it. Her eyes were blue grey.

~At age 1, her hair was blond and there was only a very very small amount of it. It's even hard to see in pictures. Her eyes were bright blue and she had 6 teeth.

~At age 2, her hair is blond but has a little bit of a red tint to it. It also has a little bit of a wave/flip to it. She still doesn't have enough to even warrant a trim, but it's finally coming in. Her eyes are still clear blue. She has all her first year teeth but no second year molars in sight.


Milestones:

~At birth she was good at nursing, sleeping, and making dirty diapers.

~At age 1, she could crawl, say 3 words, drink out of a sippy cup, stand up, walk holding onto things, turn pages in a book, eat in a high chair, and feed herself with finger foods.

~At age 2, she can walk, run, jump, do a somersault, throw a ball, kick a ball, feed herself with silverware, open doors, drink out of a regular cup, walk up and down stairs alone, sleep in a toddler bed, eat in a booster seat, sing a few songs, count to 10, put on/take off some of her clothes, answer simple questions, follow instructions, talk on the phone, choose between 2 options, name objects and body parts, say about 400-500 words, and talk in 3-4 word sentences.


Pictures:

~At birth:

~At age 1: ~At age 2:

3 comments:

Krysten said...

She is certainly one cute little girl. I was always off the charts in everything, so we'll see how my own little one fairs. I, too, was predicted to be over 6 feet and I am only 5'10", so I wouldn't worry too much, though maybe you could start hoping for her to be a basketball player and win lots of scholarship money for college. :)

It also looks like you and Amy and the girls had a great time at the zoo. They keep expanding our zoo here and I haven't been again in a while, so I'm anxious to get out there and see all the new animals. Only 6 more days of school with kids and only 7 more with our teacher work day. Yeah!

amypfan said...

Very good idea to do the 2 years in review! Wish I had thought of that. Isn't it funny how fast they grown?

Carrie said...

This was really interesting to read... as I am right at the beginning of this adventure. How much your little girl has grown in 2 years!